The Smithtown Central School District’s “Industry Advisory Board” is composed of representatives from the business, government, parental and the educational community. The advisory board meets six times a year for the following purposes:
- Participate in activities that directly impact students, i.e.: Cooperative Work Experience, School/Industry Partnerships, internships, mentors, guest speakers, and field trips.
- Provide verbal and written support for educational projects.
- Provide advice concerning labor market trends, equipment, materials and training methods.
- Assist in creating new instructional materials.
- Assist professional staff in updating knowledge and methods.